Jardine Organ
Nicarry Meeting House, Brethren Village at Cross Keys, New Oxford, PA

George Jardine began building organs in New York City around 1832.  In 1855 the addition of “& Son” was made to name plates. The firm continued building organs until 1900.  The Jardine organ presented in this article was built for the Congregational Church in South Britain, Connecticut in 1869. It originally had three ranks of pipes. It was relocated to the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, and then made its way to York Hospital Chapel in York, Pennsylvania in 1983 when it was rebuilt and enlarged by Brunner & Heller. Then in 1996 it was donated to The Brethren Home Community in New Oxford, Pennsylvania. In 2000 the Jardine organ found its current home in the Nicarry Meetinghouse of the Brethren Community.

Jardine & Sons, 1869 - Brunner & Heller Organ Builders, rebuilt in 1983

6 ranks, 340 pipes

 61 notes on keyboards, 25 notes on a flat pedalboard

 

Right Jam:

8’ Stopped Diapason Bass (CC to E)

8’ Stopped Diapason Treble (F to c3)

8’ Gamba (F to c3)

2’ Fifteenth

 

Left Jam:

16’ Pedal Bourdon

4’ Octave

4’ Clarionet Flute (F to c3)

Coupler for Pd

Back to Area Organs

Home Page